Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Our Trip to Holland Michigan

Recently Michigan has been trying to promote tourism in the state to boost the economy with the slogan "Pure Michigan" and I've gotta say that growing up here I love this place. We live near lake Michigan, we've got the seasons and their colors and today I found one more thing to love about this state in Holland.

We’ve been talking about going for a while now and since it’s now tulip season, we’re moving to Philly on Monday and today was date day it was a prime opportunity.

On the way we stopped at a little pond about a minute from our house to check out some geese and their goslings.


Centennial Park.


An interesting fountain.


Cool texture! I think they were called Swan’s Wings.


Trying to be artistic:)



Dancers in wooden clogs...I think they wore like five pairs of socks.




A quick lesson from Ben.


This was like my third shot of Deanne in her elegant squatting position because I eventually decided I wanted to include the yellow hydrant.


My dad liked the toilets in the background.


This is art!


Tourist shops on Windmill Island.


Nice clogs!


Cool Tree.


Just a cool picture


The Windmill! Over 100 years old, hid Jews in WWII, shipped to Holland MI, the only one like in the U.S.


On top of the mill.


My favorite spot of the day!









Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God shines forth.
-Psalm 50:2

I hope your day is filled with beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment