Thursday, August 18, 2011

Muzungu!

There I was, the only muzungu (white man) for miles standing before a congregation of over 800 Kenyan church members. I was about to preach to them a message that I was actually unenthusiastic about for the audience I had. I was speaking about healthy living and the guidelines we find in the Bible and I was confident that they already knew the message well. I prayed that God would help me in the moments before the talk. I needed inspiration and fresh insight to get beyond the rules that nobodies excited about, past the stereotypical apologetic sermon, to share a message of God's love revealed in His Word and experienced in my life.

All I want to say is that somehow God provided. He made the topic come alive as Satan's counterfeits were exposed and God's unmatched blessings were revealed. The way to an abundantly healthy life became clear: commit yourself ad submit yourself to following God's Word. Science is has finally understood why it is unhealthy to eat pork, thousands of years after God commanded us not to eat it. There's probably a reson I grew up hearing of people getting sick because of eating crab meat, oysters and so on. God told us to drop it in his Word before we were born. It's clear to me that soany are suffering because they don't know the truths of God's Word.

The Word is an amazing gift that needs to be shared and studied. It needs to be spread wide. We need to dig deeper. We need to pray big prayers in accordance with the Bible and expect answers that will shock our confused minds into a new reality. If we trust in God, He will show up, he will do miracles. I believe it.

May God forgive me for the years I've only dabbled in His Word, in prayer and in applying it to my life. I want to live for Him now and to trust His Word that is filled with thoughts far superior to my own.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow that He could inspire someone like me to preach with power. All scripture is so useful and He is glorified in it. May we move from skeptical scoffers to faithful witnesses. God bless Kenya, God bless Africa, God save the people o this world from the deep deception of Satan into the freedom of God's own truth.

-Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment